About Mountaineer Chris Bombardier
- Founder of www.AdventuresofaHemophiliac.com.
- Has severe hemophilia B.
- Has summited five of the world’s Seven Summits.
- His first summit was Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Board member, Save One Life, an international hemophilia nonprofit.
- Founder, Backpacks & Bleeders, an outdoor adventure organization for people with bleeding disorders.
- Founder, #playitsmart Initiative.
- Volunteer, Colorado Chapter, National Hemophilia Foundation.
- Currently an adventure educator for GutMonkey.
- First person with hemophilia to summit Aconcagua, Mt. Elbrus, Denali and Carstensz Pyramid.
About Director Patrick James Lynch
- Has severe hemophilia A.
- Co-founder & CEO of Believe Limited, a digital content agency and production company.
- Founding board president of the 501(c)(3) Entertainment 2 Affect Change.
- Creator, executive producer and star of award-winning bleeding disorders web series Stop The Bleeding!
- Director of the World Federation of Hemophilia's Treatment for All web series.
- Host and executive producer of The BloodStream Podcast.
- 2013 Recipient of the Hemophilia Federation of America's Health & Wellness Award.
- 2014 Recipient of the National Hemophilia Foundation's Meritorious Achievement Award.
- 2016 Plenary Speaker for World Federation of Hemophilia's World Congress.
About Laurie Kelley
- President of LA Kelley Communications, Inc.
- Founder and president of Save One Life, Inc.
- Author of eleven books on hemophilia, including Raising a Child with Hemophilia.
- Founder and publisher of the Parent Empowerment Newsletter.
- Founder of HemaBlog.
- Founder of Project SHARE, which donates life-saving medicine to people with hemophilia worldwide.
- Helped establish hemophilia nonprofits in seven developing countries.
- Global coach for leaders in developing countries, to start and develop hemophilia nonprofits.
- Has visited 29 developing countries to work with hemophilia patients and nonprofits.
- Has worked with hemophilia in developing countries for 20 years.
The filmmaking team, from left to right:
- Josh Bragg, Cinematographer
- Rob Bradford, Producer & Climber
- Carl Trenz, Director of Therapy Development, Octapharma
- Chris Bombardier, Mountaineer
- Patrick James Lynch, Director/Producer
- David Beede, Sound Mixer
- For more than 30 years, Octapharma has been focused exclusively on the development and manu- facture of high-quality human proteins for use as medical treatments.
- Patients in more than 100 countries are treated with Octapharma therapies for serious chronic and genetic disorders in hematology, immunotherapy and critical care.
- Headquartered in Lachen, Switzerland, Octapharma continuously develops sophisticated technolo- gies to help improve the safety of human protein products for patients.
- The company’s American subsidiary, Octapharma USA, located in Hoboken, New Jersey, last year introduced NUWIQ®, Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) to the U.S. bleeding disorders community.
- Octapharma’s commitment to patients also is evident in its product for von Willebrand Disease (VWD) patients – WILATE®, von Willebrand Factor/Coagulation Factor VIII Complex (Human).
- Octapharma was the first company to apply the solvent/detergent virus inactivation process to the routine production of Factor VIII concentrates vital to the bleeding disorders community.
- Octapharma operates 80 plasma collection centers in the U.S. and Germany, as well as a new state-of-the-art testing laboratory in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- The company’s global presence includes more than 6,200 employees, 32 international locations, six production facilities, and five research and development centers.