About BOMBARDIER BLOOD
Experienced mountaineer Chris Bombardier has never let severe hemophilia B stop him from summitting some of the world’s tallest mountains. In 2017, Chris is partnering with the WEBBY-Award winning production team at Believe Limited to film his journey through Nepal to summit the world’s tallest peak, Mount Everest.
Filming will include the six-month training period leading up to Chris’s journey, and individual interviews with Nepalese hemo- philia community members en route to Everest. A member of Believe Limited’s production team will follow Chris to Everest Base Camp, and remain there to film and manage production for the duration of Chris’s time on Everest. Chris will continue recording his climb on specially designed cameras, logging his journey and eventual summit of Everest.
The climb will showcase Chris’s ability to surmount near-impossible odds despite his hemophilia, and prove the potential of each person with hemophilia to achieve dreams with lifelong access to proper healthcare.
The film will raise world awareness for the deeply disadvantaged Nepalese hemophilia community, which still suffers from the 2015 earthquake. Believe will also create a ten-part documentary web series as an awareness-building and educational tool.
In Nepal, Chris, Save One Life and the Believe team will:
- Interview local hemophilia families about their treatment and care, their victories and defeats, and their everyday needs.
- Capture how untreated bleeds affect patients’ daily lives.
- Interview doctors, nurses and advocates about challenges to treating patients.
- Capture Chris’s reactions to witnessing and sharing life in Nepal with a bleeding disorder.
- Capture Chris’s ongoing training and preparation for Everest.
- Visit families enrolled in Save One Life’s programs.
On Everest, Believe will:
- Set up at Base Camp.
- Continue to film Chris as he ascends toward the summit.
On Everest, Chris will:
- Battle fatigue, altitude and terrain.
- Infuse intravenous blood-clotting medicine.
- Document the effects that high altitude mountaineering has on the body of someone with hemophilia.
- Reflect on his visit with the Nepalese hemophilia community and the disparity between his care and theirs.
- Attempt to summit the world’s tallest peak despite having a bleeding disorder.
Believe will edit the collected footage into:
- A 10-part web series edited and produced by award-winning storytellers from the world of independent feature films.
- A web series released across all major digital platforms simultaneously: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A feature-length documentary released to festivals, to be followed by theatrical and online distribution.